In case you haven’t noticed,
A) It has been freezing the past few days
B) Classes started
This may or may not be rather depressing. I haven’t decided. All I know, was it was cold and many layers of clothes were needed. The time, though, has come. Another semester has begun. So, officially, welcome back. Hopefully, you have had a wonderful first few days back and a great first day of classes. I would say, you have succeeded if you have not turned into a popsicle. Want to succeed throughout the semester? Yes? That’s what I thought. Follow these tips to have a great semester Happy spring semester 2014!!
- Go ahead and fill out those calendars, PDA’s and planners with all the test and paper dates. It may be depressing, but it will get you organized and started off right.
- Don’t forget to look at those due dates! We are all horrible with procrastination, but try to plan ahead and don’t be afraid to start things early.
- Maybe last semester you didn’t do much outside of classes and your dorm, or maybe you did way too much. Whichever, it is important to have extra-curricular activities and get out and do stuff, but be sure to find a balance.
- Take time out to take care of yourself. It may be scheduling fun time with friends as a stress relief or being sure to eat 3 meals a day that are healthy. (candy bars don’t count, sorry)
- It is never too early to start looking at your finances. Go ahead and get them in order so you aren’t stressed come finals.
- You might want to also start thinking about rooming situations. Roommates and dorm sign-ups are right around the corner.
- Finally, have a good attitude. Yeah it’s cold and it is class, but make the best of this semester. Meet someone new; try something new. Live it up and make this the best semester yet!
Written by Marisa Linton