Last day! Wait, what? It is hard to believe that today is the last day of the semester. Now that classes have ended, and everyone is trying to recover from studying and exams, it is officially summer! Woooo!! Isn’t that exciting? I think so, but if you are like me, you are asking the question: “what am I going to do this summer?” This is a very valid question that is worth answering with thought. Don’t cop-out and just say sleep or work. Those may, indeed be on your list, but it isn’t a list with one thing on it. Now that we have that established, let’s talk about what can go on your list. Get ready for some epic ideas!
- Unpack–the first thing that needs to be done is unpack all that dorm stuff you brought home. I know it is an Everest of a pile, but your mother will appreciate your invasion of her house a lot more if you level that mountain and clean your room.
- Sleep–Let’s face it, college is a synonym for sleep deprivation, especially during exam week. Catch up; it is ok, just don’t sleep summer away. 10 is a good time to wake up.
- Road trip– It doesn’t have to be far, but go. It could be as simple as driving to try some killer restaurant or just watch the sunset at the beach. It doesn’t have to be planned, be spontaneous.
- Reconnect–call up highschool friends or family you haven’t seen in a while. Just because you are in college doesn’t mean you should forget about the folks back home.
- Stay Connected–Don’t forget your fellow camels. Check in with them to see how their summer list is going.
- Read– I know you really don’t want to think about it, but reading can be great. Create a superb summer reading list with your friends!
- Camping– grab a tent or a hammock and enjoy the great outdoors, even if it is your backyard.
- Fireworks–celebrate the 4th of July properly with a display of fireworks. Don’t forget the food.
- Eat Icecream– there is no excuse. I don’t care if you are miles from Sunnie Skies. Eat ice cream, in a cone, in a cup, dip and dot style, softee, chocolate, vanilla; it doesn’t matter just go for it.
- DIY–go on Pinterest (guys this includes you) find a DIY project to make something totally awesome. Bring it to school in the fall and make everyone jealous. Signs or wreathes are easy and great decorations.
- Take a picnic–make some yummy sandwiches and find a grassy spot. (HINT: watch out for rocks that will leave imprints on your butt, stay away from ants, and check the weather so you don’t get drenched in rain halfway through that delicious sandwhich.)
- Ducks in a Row– Make sure everything is right ready for the fall semester–textbooks, financial aid, etc.
- Plant a garden–it gives you a great project and produces some yummy produce.
- Make memories–no matter what you do, make memories. Don’t come back to school with the response of “I didn’t do much this summer.” Get a job, travel, make something, eat something, do something.
- Journal–if you do indeed make a list and complete it, you are going to have a hard time remembering all of it. If you journal, you can have those memories forever. Try pasting momentum in it too like concert tickets or receipts.
These are just some ideas for the summer. Make your own and make this summer amazing. Be sure to bring your Campbell stuff with you to show the world. Take a pic of you and your Campbell t-shirt or paraphernalia and send it to us: email@example.com or post it on our Facebook page. We’d love to hear from you. Oh, and happy summer! Keep it classy Camels; we’ll see you in the fall.
Pine Burr online is going on their own summer break. We won’t post too much until August. Look for us then. 🙂
Written by Marisa Linton