That time of the semester is upon us- exam time! These last few weeks are very important for finishing up classes strong. There are many tips that can help reduce the stress of exams and better prepare you for finals. Here are some tips:
- Give yourself enough time to study. Do not wait until the last minute to start studying. Even if you have multiple exams, schedule 30 minute sessions to study for each.
- Find your study space. Whether you like to study in your room, library, groups, outside, etc make sure it does not have any distractions. Make sure you have a space where you can be comfortable and able to stay for multiple hours without getting side tracked.
- Use Visual aids to study. Draw out the concepts by using tables, diagrams, pictures, and maps to organize the information to better understand the big picture.
- Teach the material. If you can imitate the teacher and resight the information in your own words it will help you understand and remember the information.
- Make sure you are taking breaks. Give your brain a break and go out and enjoy the fresh air and relax a little.
- Get a good nights sleep. Right before bed, look over the most important section of your notes because taking in information before you sleep will help you remember. Then, make sure you are getting the full 8 hours of sleep.
Remember: you can do this. Finish strong!