Name: Brandon Martinez
Hometown: Smithfield, NC
1. What are you planning to do today (Friday)? What day out of the week is your favorite and why?
- I am planning on taking my exam on Friday morning but I am also taking the opportunity to go home for the weekend to see my family. I enjoy being with them after my stressful times here at school. My favorite day of the week is Friday, because it is the end of the week and I can finally take a break and relax.
2. What was the best phase in your life? What has been your favorite event on campus?
- I believe the best phase of my life was when I was barely a pre-teen. I was able to just enjoy myself without a care for the future or school. I would go outside and play sports, play video games all day, it was for sure the best phase of my life. My favorite event on campus has to be the Christmas lighting, it was very enjoyable seeing the lights get turned on and taking pictures with your friends.
3. What piece of advice would you give someone who is entering their first year of college that you wish you knew before starting college yourself? How have your priorities changed over time?
- Some advice I would give to someone who is entering into their first year of college would be able to keep up with assignments and due dates. To also be able to learn the material on your own, sometimes professors just review the material and expect you to already be learning it on your own time. My priorities have changed in the sense of constantly checking my school email or my blackboard site to make sure I am up to date with everything I need to complete.
Brandon’s Favorite Friday Quote:
“Even though I may walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil”
I really like this quote because it helps me keep pushing forward even when I feel as if my back is against the wall.
– Karina A.