Name: Yazmin Hanid Padilla
1. What is something you’ve done for someone else, a selfless action?
– I try to put others’ needs before my own at least one time during each day. Recently, I have modified my working schedule outside of school to provide care of my elderly grandfather because every moment with him counts.
2. What’s something you think every person should experience in their lifetime at least once?
– Struggle. It often holds a negative connotation in society, but I do not mean it in that way whatsoever. There is beauty in the hustle and drive you establish in attempts to overcome the struggle, it stays with you even after you’ve overcome and continues to shape you as you grow.
3. What can you and others do to help out students in the Campbell community?
– Personally, I believe that simply being kind and engaging in small chats with one another as we ride in the elevators or stand in line at Chick-fil-a. We tend to find ourselves wrapped up in our own worlds and needs when there can be opportunity for both parties with just a simple, “Hey, how are you doing today?” or “Good luck this week! Whether or not you have tests, you’re gonna do great!” No matter how small and insignificant a gesture, genuine kindness always makes the biggest difference.
Yazmin’s Favorite Thoughtful Quote:
“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” – Albert Einstein
– Karina A.